Today I wanted to sweeten up my day with something healthy but OH SO DELICIOUS! I want to share with you this perfect gluten free, lactose free chocolate, poppy seed cake recipe.
What you need :
- 6 eggs
- 180 grams palm sugar or any other natural sweetener
- 260 g coconut butter (with or without smell&taste)
- 280 g minced poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons of rum
- 5 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 140 g black chocolate (80 or 90% of cocoa)
How to do it :
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Rub a 27cm cake tin with butter.
- Separate egg yolks & egg whites. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar until you have a cream this color
- Add 180 g of coconut butter into the mixture (keep the rest of it for the glaze). Than add minced poppy seeds, rum, milk and chocolate ( grate only 40 g into the mixture!). Mix everything together.
- Add your soft peaks egg whites and mix together. Put into the cake tin and place in your preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- When cool, melt 100 g of black chocolate and 80 g of coconut butter on the stove, than pour over the top of the cake and serve 🙂