I just can’t get enough of coco!
Take a 30 minute break from everything you are doing and go make yourself a delicious chocolate, coconut cake. It is so simple and yummyy!
What you need :
- 4 eggs
- 112 g coconut flour (you can use coconut crumbs)
- 70 g coconut sugar
- 80 g coconut oil
- 250 mL coconut milk
- 120 g dark chocolate
- 10 g gluten free baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 175ºC/347ºF/gas 4. Rub a 27cm cake tin with butter.
- Separate egg yolks & egg whites. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar until you have light brown cream
- Melt coconut butter into oil on the stove, than add to the cream.
- Add milk, baking powder and coconut flour and mix everything together. You can add a small amount of cocoa powder or melt the 20 g of dark chocolate.
- At the end add the egg whites and mix.
- Put the mixture in the cake tin and bake for 20-25 min.
- When cool, melt 100 g of black chocolate and 50 g of coconut butter on the stove, pour over the top of the cake and top with flaked coconut. Serve…